Friday, January 28, 2011

Law and Other Things

This week our classes have had two seminars about how law can affect us in our future careers in the media. I used to want to be a lawyer when I was little (mostly because I thought it was all about arguing) so I was interested to see what I could have been doing if I had taken another path.

I was surprised to find out that the law is not cut and dry. From what I can understand decisions and cases are decided on previous cases and the line is always moving on what defamation and slander is.

The lawyers who explained how the law can affect us used real life examples, which made unclear laws much easier to understand.

Throughout both presentations I couldn't stop thinking about the movie The People vs. Larry Flynt. It's such a great movie with so many emotions and superb acting.

I hope this video is in the public domain ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment